Thursday, 4 October 2012

Ooh-La-Leggings!

I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Blog Nation.


It's fall....YAY!!!! Time to wear all things knit and show off your wares!  In keeping with that I have a great new pattern for you that's quick and easy and shows that you can keep a little surprise up your sleeve....ahem...skirt ;0)  Are ya ready?  OK....


Ooh-La-Leggings!!!


 Oh, such a nice conservative girl in her stripy leggings and comfy sweater....BUT WAIT!


 Surprise!!!! Saucy! 



So here's the recipe:

Finished size:  OSFA
Yarn: Approx. 600 metres (I have long legs) or sock-weight yarn.  I used 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden Sock #269
Needles: a set of size 3mm double pointed needles
Notions: 
·      1 stitch markers
·      1 tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Gauge:  Don't worry too much as you're going to try them as you go.


Let’s get crackalackin’!
So we're working with two pattern repeats.
Pattern 'A' as follows:
  • round 1: *YO, SSK, P2* to end of round
  • rounds 2, 3 and 4: *K2, P2* to end of round
  • round 5: *K2tog, YO, P2* to end of round
  • round 6, 7 and 8: *K2, P2* to end of round
 Pattern 'B' (increase) as follows:
  • round 1: *YO, SSK, P2* to end of round
  • rounds 2, 3 and 4: *K2, P2* to end of round
  • round 5: *K2tog, YO, P2* to end of round
  • round 6 and 7: *K2, P2* to end of round
  • round 8: KFB 4 times then *K2, P2*  to end of round 
Regardless of what size you are you are going to cast on 56 stitches and do 7 rows of k2, p2 rib.

Then you're going to commence with the eyelet rib lace according to how your leg is shaped.  The following picture indicates where i did my increases:


Written out that looked like:

  • Cast on 56 stitches and join in the round
  • k2, p2 rib for 7 rounds
  • Pattern A 5 times
  • Pattern B 4 times
  • Pattern A 9 times
  • Pattern B 3 times
  • Pattern A 3 times 
  • Pattern B 1 time
  • k2, p2 rib for 7 rounds
  • bind off loosely
 
Don't worry....you can try it on as you go!  And of course it's smooth sailing for the second one (unless your legs are vastly different!).

Finish up with 7 more rows of k2, p2 rib....bind off loosely and  le viola!  Yer done!

FYI....I got this FABULOUS!!!!!!! garter belt from I C France on ebay for less than $20 and i heart it real bad!

Have fun and peace on your heads!

Felix-Marie

 

9 comments:

  1. Outstanding leggings! Thank you for sharing! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just wicked cool! Pinned them so I can find them again to start knitting!!!!

    nhsarab at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Do you have the pattern for the sweater shown with the ooh-la-la leggings? It's gorgeous! Thanks. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe the sweater came from Cosco :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how to knit well but now I totally want to lol!! These are absolutely fabulous! FUN!!

    ~Miss Fauve aka Jenn in the Grove

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of these leggings!

    ReplyDelete