Saturday, 9 June 2012

Happy WWKIP Day!

So here's a quick story:

I used to be a doula and, as a doula, it was a big deal to gain acceptance around women breast feeding in public.  So when I first heard about WWKIP I kinda thought 'So there's some stigma around knitting in public?  Really? This is something we need to gain acceptance around?' 

Well, admittedly, sometimes I  can be a bit of a self-righteous dumbass! It's one of my charms really:0)  I had to stop and think 'Isn't anything that gets us all on the same page globally, for even a minute, one of the most powerful things that we can do?' Well then....I'm in!  Today I will be getting out there and doing my thing  right out in the open in solidarity of creativity and craft!

This year WWKIP day lasts a whole week!  For  more information check out the official Facebook Page. 

So.....HAPPY WWKIP DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment